Fortitude Valley, Queensland
about the project
COMPLETE. HQ showcases contemporary urban design within the fast growing area of Fortitude Valley, minutes from the Brisbane CBD. The development provides approximately 38,500 sqm of A Grade office space in two towers with 3,000 sqm of ground floor retail space.
HQ South and HQ North are home to major commercial tenants including AECOM, TechnologyOne, Leighton Contractors and Leighton Properties. The supporting retail precinct includes restaurants, a café, an IGA supermarket and food service retail.
Using the latest sustainable technology, the
HQ development enjoys 50% more fresh air than normal office buildings. A
subtropical boulevard provides open space, trees and street shading.
Each HQ tower received a 6 Star Green Star Office Design and Office As Built v2 rating from the Green Building Council of Australia representing World Leadership in Sustainability and becoming Australia's largest 6 Star Green Star rated development. HQ was also awarded the Urban Taskforce 2011 Development Excellence Award for 'Development of the Year'.
Urban Taskforce Development Excellence Awards
// Development of the Year (2011)
UDIA (Queensland) Boral Award for Excellence
// Retail/Commercial Development over 3,000sqm (2011)
2011 6 Star Green Star Office As Built v2 Certified Rating
2008 6 Star Green Star Office Design v2 Certified Rating
- a substantial commercial development perfectly blended with retail and social amenities
- high quality contemporary architecture supported by diverse and unique urban design solutions
- orientation and facade systems to maximise solar benefits
- building services systems that achieve the highest quality energy efficiencies and return on capital and lifestyle costs
- design that captures cooling breezes and enhances natural ventilation in public spaces
- floor plate plans that increase proximity to natural light